Friday, August 24, 2007

Nomenclatorial sloppiness (5) and a solution

Christiana Klingenberg suggested being more constructive in this blog about typos and others misspelled names, and to offer my own little personal tool to the community.

Here it is. I once made two files for my MS-Word spell checker, one including all the species terms we have an the Hymenoptera Name Server for ants (of about 2002: ) and a second one for all the morphological and anatomical terminology of social insects in Torre Bueno.

And here how you use it: Save the files best directly in the location where MS World hast the spell check custom.dic file. This is in my case c:\Documents and Settings\donat\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof. Then open MS Word, Tools, Options, Spelling and Options, Custom Dictionary and add it.

The species file is not up to date, so I will figure out a way to get a new one – but for the moment, here it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice tool. Thanks. But I think your two files are the same file.

Anonymous said...


abstracta
absurda
abunanus

what a wonderful poem

Donat Agosti said...

sorry, I changed the links so there are two different files now